Friday, September 25, 2009

All About Austin!

I couldn't be more in love with my little man. He's just turned into such a happy little soul since he started sleeping properly.

A typical day goes something like this:

We wake up for the day at about 7.30, and my little man hangs out in his swing, or on the floor, while I get the tribe fed and dressed. He usually only lasts about an hour, if that, before he's ready for another sleep. I am starting to get at least an hour and a half out of him for that sleep, it gives me lots of time to get things tidied up and organised!

When he wakes, it's feed time, which are getting nice and quick now. Of course, with my fire hose of a let down, he only needs to lay back and open his mouth to get a belly full! We often then go for a walk and if he doesn't go to sleep in the pram, he normally does when he gets home.

Another couple of sleeps, with feeds and play in between, and then it's usually time for bed! He's getting in there between 7.30 and 8.30, not optimal, but I haven't really started working on night sleeps and bed yet. He will wake at about 10.30, and from then it's into bed with me and Daddy and constant feeding until it's time to wake up...

He managed to be awake in time to go to the Community nurse yesterday. He weighed a whopping 6.82kgs at 11 weeks, and that was with a disposable nappy. He's almost doubled his birth weight already. Must be all that milk through the night! I got her to take a look at his eyes, as his lower eyelids sort of turn in. They've always been like it, but now his lashes are starting to rub on his eyes. She hadn't seen it before, and told us to go to the GP. We only waited 10 minutes (wonders will never cease) and saw a lovely new GP, Dr Reddy. She's only about my age, and has 3 year old twins. Anyhoo, she'd never seen it in babies, and referred us to our Paed, who we are seeing on the 20th of October. I thought it would just be annoying for him, but I hadn't thought about the lashes causing scar tissue on his eyes. I'm sure everything will be fine.

No comments: