Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hysterical Pregnancy!

Riordan and I were having a muck around this morning, and I thought he looked exceptionally delightful, and the light was just lovely, so I grabbed the camera. He acquiesced, surprisingly, and I got some gorgeous shots of him.

This is classic Riordy-grumpy face. The furrowed brow, ready to launch into protest.

Peek-a-boo! I love this one, it really captures the motion.

This is my heart-breaker. Check out that dimple. I could just eat him up!
*****

As the title suggests, I'm having a phantom pregnancy. Every symptom that usually indicates that I am with child is present.
Hyper-salivation? Check.
Constant nausea? Check.
Headaches? Check.
Extreme tiredness? Check.
Sleeplessness, despite the above? Check.
Irritability? Well, that never changes!
I'm not pregnant. I don't want to be right now, and it's not physically possible. Austin feeds around the clock and my body doesn't work like that. It likes to just take care of one baby at a time. I've peeed on a stick, reluctantly. I really didn't appreciate having to buy a test at the supermarket, being so used to my internet cheapies! I had to just reassure myself. There was DEFINITELY only one line there.
The nausea has been around since last Thursday. I had a hit of gastro at the same time, and also started a new medication. If it doesn't go away by this Thursday I will go back to the GP, but in the meantime I'll suffer through all these annoying symptoms with no bundle of joy at the end! I'll have to smother them in chocolate instead.

1 comment:

Averil said...

Riordan has your good looks I think - he is a DREAMBOAT!!!!!