Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Waiting Game

This would have to be one of the worst stages of pregnancy.

The early weeks are hard, I'll give you that. Waiting to make sure everything's OK when you have no idea what's going on inside your body. Feeling sick and hoping that that's a good thing. Then that passes and finally you feel some movement, and then you have the reassuring kicks to let you know that everything is OK.

Now it's just a waiting game.

I feel like a whale, I can't sleep because everything hurts, and when I do find a comfortable position I have to get up and do a wee. I have a headache that I can't shake (damn you hormones!) and generally just feel a bit 'blah'. I can't even think of anything I could eat to make me feel better, and that is just plain scary.

I have to admit, apart from the last two weeks before the baby is born (and not knowing when that will be), the last trimester is my favourite. I love the big belly, and showing it off. I love the extra energy I get (or have gotten since I finished work). I am nesting like a crazy person, sweeping is my favourite thing at the moment. No surface is safe from my broom. I'm also quite keen for Riordan to spend a little time with Nanny tomorrow so I can scrub the kitchen floor.

I have my OB appointment tomorrow, and I just know it will be more of the same.

Wee in a cup. "Any problems?" "Nope." On the scales. On the bed. Feel around. Listen to the baby. Blood pressure. "See you in a week."

I can't see anything happening before the weekend, and even then I know I'll be well into next week before #3 makes his presence known.

We're having Vindaloo for dinner tonight. Will the hot curry work it's magic?

No comments: