Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Freaking out

I am freaking out a little. I had an appointment with my OB yesterday, all is good with the baby, only when I sat down he said, "So, 10 days to go!" That shocked me a little, since I had been working on my own date of the 29th (based on a dating scan and ovulation), whereas when he got the dating scan results he somehow transformed the date, with the help of that little wheely-card thing they have, into an EDD of 26/6/09. I know 3 days aren't much in the scheme of things, but my babies have been notoriously late, and I was mentally counting on those days before I had to think about an induction. The worst part for me was when I asked for possible eviction date, he said the 3rd of July! That's only a week overdue!

I suppose I can negotiate if it comes to that, DS2 was 7 days late and I'm seeing an acupunturist this time who'll be getting the go ahead to start moving the baby along on Saturday, so hopefully it won't matter, but it's messing with my head a bit now.

I'll be fine, I'll just have to go and have a search on VBAC inductions.

No comments: