Thursday, February 9, 2006

Just cruising

Everything is just cruising along nicely (now). We had a nightmare of a weekend. Left DS at Nanny's on Sat while DH slept in after his week of night shift. I had to go to Medicare, I actually got there before it opened and had to wait out the front like a goober, I handed over all my receipts and my form for the maternity payment, but forgot to get DH to sign it! Now I have to go back. Grr. I always post everything to Medicare, but you have to put that form in in person. Then made hairdressers appointment only to find out that my regular had left! We have been together for almost 4 years, apart from a breif fling I had last year on a cost cutting mission that failed miserably and saw me slinking back to her with my tail between my legs, and now she has gone. I will have to see if I can find out where she went...

DS had one of the worst nights I can remember on Sat. He just had too much stimulation through the day, and couldn't sleep. Every 3 hours I was up with him, and after my early start on Sat (we were up for good at about 6.30) I was an absolute mess on Sunday, bawling my eyes out at everything. Sunday night was more of the same, but since then everything has one back to normal. Go figure.

I think that the unpredictability of having a newborn has been the hardest thing for me. I think that's why everyone wants to get a routine so fast. We have a bit of one, but nothing you can set your watch by. I know it won't always be like this, but I do miss my eight hours of (consecutive) sleep.

No comments: