Thursday, November 12, 2009

Movin' On

Hooray! Guess who sold their house? First day, no less.

I can't blame anyone for wanting it, I would have bought it myself. It did look immaculate, I have to say. Darren worked like a slave on the yard, moving and getting rid of leaves, while on nightshift, and I cleaned until the inside was spick and span. It looked spookily like no one lived here, so devoid of kiddie stuff and the useless junk that just accumulates.

Knowing that we would never be able to maintain that level of cleanliness with 3 kids, 2 dogs and 2 messy adults, we decamped to Mum's for the night. I went down to check the house the next morning, just to make to that no one had come in and changed anything. It didn't look quite right, and a quick phone call to Darren confirmed that he had been in the night before and touched a few things. That's how clean and tidy I left it, one thing out of place and I instantly saw!

I laid out the biccies and slice that I made for the prospective buyers, and off we went to Luna Park. We had a great day, although I constantly checked my phone for updates. Finally, on our way home, we had the call. They tried their hardest, but they could only get the keenest buyer to go up to exactly what we were prepared to sell for! It obviously didn't take much for us to say yes.

So now we've had the pest and building inspections, they were perfect, and we just wait until the buyers pay the deposit tomorrow, and then it's all systems go! We will settle on this house just before Christmas, and the new house has a settlement date of 27th of January, so we are going to try and push that sooner. Either way, we had our last Christmas in the house where all our babies were born last year, and we didn't even know.

I am feeling quite nostalgic at the thought of leaving my little house, and then I get all excited about the new one, planning alterations, landscaping, where the furniture will go...

**********

My littlest man, and biggest man, had their needles today. Bowen was an afterthought, I hate going to the GP and waiting around, so I thought getting it all done at once would be the best. When I informed Bowen what was happening, he told me, "I don't need any noodles!" Austin went first, so when he saw him crying he knew what he was in for. Needless to say, it was a great crying session. His pick from the bakery (jam tart) calmed him down, and after lunch he told me that he was all better.

I'm pretty stoical when it comes to getting immunisations. They have to be done, they will hurt, and it won't be nice. Bowen's upset me the most today though, I think because he knew what was coming, and before this, when he was younger, it was all a surprise.

He doesn't have to worry about any more though, for a while at least. And, on the plus side, he gets to see his little brothers have them when he doesn't need them, which must be fun for the big brother!

No comments: