Monday, November 23, 2009

Boxing it up

Boxes! Boxes everywhere!

We are still in the throes of moving house. We settle on this house next Friday, and there is still heaps to do. Packing is a bit of a conundrum, you obviously need your things, or you wouldn't have them, but you can't pack everything on the last day! I'm really lucky that my mum lives so close, and she basically has one of everything I have, so I don't have to go without.

I can't wait to move! It's a bit of a pain that it all happens over Christmas. At this point, within a week, we have Bowen's 4th birthday, moving in and then Christmas, all in one week. We have decided to buck tradition with Christmas dinner, and instead of our usual roast meat extravaganza, we are going to let someone else do the cooking and go out to a restaurant. Finding somewhere that my sister can eat is proving a little difficult (she's a coeliac), but it'll work out.

I am finally going to do something about Austin's sleeping. It is still going downhill (even though I didn't think that hill had anything left to go down!). I've packed up the hammock (that made me a bit sad), and he now has his day sleeps in the middle of our bed. Not ideal, but it's only for another week and a bit, so it will be fine. I read all about Peke Moe sleep sacks (http://www.pekemoe.co.nz) on EB, and thought I would give one a try. Not the most patient person in the world, I ended up making one myself out of some double muslin from Spotlight, and it's been working quite well. Austi can settle himself in it, and suck his hands to his heart's content. I finally received the two that I bought second hand, and, while I got the sizing a bit big on my homemade jobbies, I did a pretty good job! I can't wait to try him in the proper one, to see if the smaller version helps him sleep.

I've also taken the plunge and asked for a referral to Tresillian. I love sleeping with my little man, but the constant feeding, all night long, is taking too much out of me. I can't break the cycle by myself, so I'm going to get some help. It might take a bit to coordinate the boys, but it should be worth it. I'm sort of hoping that giving my baby his own room (well, annex) in the new house will help him to sleep better. I swear we wake each other up.

I've also gotten my acceptance into my conveyancing course. I'm so excited by the idea of studying, of actually making time for it. I might not be able to stop when I start!

No comments: