Sunday, February 5, 2012

There's a baby in there!

My 12 week scan went off without a hitch.  There is a lovely little baby kicking around in there.  It still amazes me that something so tiny has all it's working bits.  We saw 2 little arms and hands; 2 kicking feet and legs; a rapidly beating heart; the tiny bladder; all the good bits.  The doctor doing the scan also had a guess at the sex of the baby, which was exciting.  I only have to wait 6 more weeks to confirm it!

I always thought that if I did have this last baby (back in the days where I was 'planning' it, rather than having it sprung on me in the manner it did) I would keep the gender a surprise.  It would also be the perfect ending to this 'surprise' pregnancy. 

I can't wait though.  The practical part of me knows a boy would be the best fit for our family.  He'd slip right in with uber-male Daddy and his testosterone filled brothers, and be out riding a dirt bike before he could walk.  The other part of me would love a little girl.  I'm still not entirely sure why.  Just 'cause.


Hey baby!

No comments: